What Is Hrid Basti?
Hrid Basti in Sanskrit refers to Hridhay, the heart and Basti, the container or retainer. This is also called as Urobasti (Uro=chest and basti=retaining something inside). So Hrid Basti is an oil bath on the heart. This suggests an Ayurveda hot oil treatment where the medicated hot oil preparation or freshly prepared herbal decoction is poured over the heart region. Hridhay, the heart is considered as one among the trimarma (three vital areas) measuring about four fingers (four anguli pramana), covering heart, middle of sternum.
This procedure is bathing the heart region using warm medicated oils or herbal decoctions or medicated ghee depending on the condition.
Duration Of Treatment: 30 Minutes – 1 Hour
- Pacifies aggravated Vata dosha in the chest region
- Nourishes and Strengthens the cardiac muscles; thus, rejuvenate the heart
- Regulates cardiac functions
- Relieves deep seated repressed stress, anger and grief
- Improves blood circulation and breathing
Gives a sense of peace and happiness