Abhyanga to dry skin
Abyanga – Oil massage is an ancient style of daily/weekly regimen. It is a procedure of ayurvedic medicine that involves massage of the body with large amounts of warm oil. The oil is often pre-medicated with herbs for specific conditions. Abhyanga-oil massage can be done as part of the steps of panchakarma therapy, especially in the first stage: Purva Karma (pre-treatment), or as an own therapy. It is often followed by swedana therapy- a warm bath, yoga or laying out in the sun. Many times abhyanga is performed by two or more massage therapists working in sync but it can also be done by oneself. Oils used can vary depending on the season and the individuals body constitution (dosha). In addition to the oil abhyanga massage differs from many Western massage techniques. Ayush Wave is one of the Ayurveda based spa providing the authentic abhyanga in Houston area.
Benefits of Abyanga-oil massage;
- Decreases the effects of aging.
- Produces softness, strength and vigor to the body.
- Bestows good vision.
- Nourishes the body.
- Increases longevity.
- Benefits sleep patterns
- Benefits skin
- Strengthens the body’s tolerance
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Imparts tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body, including circulation
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and harmonizes Kapha